Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is one of the key elements of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) process used by Diesel Engine builders to meet EPA 2010 regulations. Diesel Exhaust Fluid is a nontoxic solution of 67.5% purified water and 32.5% ultra pure automotive grade urea. Diesel Exhaust Fluid is not a fuel or fuel additive. Instead, when injected into the exhaust stream and passed over a catalyst, Diesel Exhaust Fluid helps convert NOx into nitrogen gas and water vapor – two harmless and natural components of the air we breathe.
- ENGINEERED: For use in Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems on diesel engines
- EFFICIENCY: BlueDEF diesel exhaust fluid is key to helping improve fuel economy by up to five percent
- PROTECTION: Diesel exhaust fluid is non-toxic and safe to handle
- QUALITY: Stable, colorless and odorless, and also meets ISO Standards 22241 for purity and composition
- EFFORTLESS: Easily Inject the fluid into your exhaust stream with a specialized dosing module